Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Let's Talk Sidewalk Etiquette


What a beautiful day to go for a walk or run.  #C25K.  As the weather gets nicer here in Northern Maine we will see more people using the sidewalks.  I saw more people today than I have yet this spring.  I'm all about getting out and getting exercise and fresh air, but we need to stay safe.

This is my proposal:  when you see someone coming towards you on the sidewalk we must abide by the social distancing guidelines to stay 6 feet apart.  Some of these sidewalks are pretty narrow and almost impossible to spread out that far so someone has to jump off to the road briefly.  I never mind moving but don't always feel safe running with traffic.  #donttextanddrive So, if you're walking with traffic, take the responsibility, please, to be the one to make room for the other person. It only makes sense to me.  You should always walk toward traffic if you're on the road.  However,  if you're pushing a stroller, wheelchair, or just walking with kids, I'm moving for you no matter what direction I'm headed, just so you know.

Now I know it's not always safe to run or walk on the side of the road,  I've been to South Florida.  But do the best you can.  We all need to stay safe and do our part for ourselves and each other.  Abide by the guidelines and #bedkindtooneanother

Who's in?


No comments:

Post a Comment