Friday, April 17, 2020

Stay Inside But Go Outside

     It can be a little daunting to know just what to do during these times of COVID-19, but for your own mental health, GO OUTSIDE!  Today was a perfect day to go for a walk/run #C25K, around the "neighborhood" and that's just what I did. Fresh air, sunshine and physical activity are what a lot of us need right now to maintain our physical and mental health.  It takes everything I have some days to get my act together and move (definitely a difficult road),  but I know I will feel so much better later.  We've got this!  Find your running shoes, put them on and go for a walk. Listen to music, it truly does help uplift your mood and give you energy to keep going.  
    I've also noticed that although there aren't many people out walking, when I do meet someone on my walk, we totally abide by the 6 foot rule with one of us moving off the sidewalk, but always make a connection with a wave or a smile.  We need connection and although it's brief, it's nice to see another human being and have a human interaction.   
    Can't say it enough.  When you're feeling like you can't take it anymore, force that physical activity and just breathe.  Oh, and if that's not working, don't be afraid to ask for help.  It's okay, and I'm here for you. 


#caminobufffiveyearslater
#caminobufffiveyearslater
#caminobuff2015


No comments:

Post a Comment