Sunday, April 26, 2020

Singing While Running Is Not An Option

I'm writing this as soon as I returned from my #C25K walk/run as the feelings are fresh, the best time to write for me.  It was a particularly hard day running today. After two days off, getting back out there was tough.  Usually, I'm singing along during the walking phases, knowing no one can hear me, but today it wasn't happening. Instead, I took the opportunity to focus on my breathing, in and out, in and out. Sometimes that's all we can do is breathe.

The good news is, I completed the level, although exhausted, and I'm still standing (hope). I am determined to keep going and maybe by fall will be able to cross a 5K off my bucket list (hope).
I've really never been a runner but once upon a time I did engage in every possible sport possible, so there it is (hope).

Instead of making my own kind of music today, I breathed.  You don't have to start running but find a way to make your own kind of music (and enjoy a song from my playlist in the attached video). Remember, there's always hope, so hang in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment